"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Smell the green!

  As I sit  looking out over the yard, I wish that I had the energy to dig up my gardens and begin again from scratch.  Wishful thinking!
  I call myself a 'garbage gardener.' There is no rhyme or reason to my planting scheme.  I buy plants randomly. They catch my eye & I absolutely cannot leave the garden center without them...a habit that sometimes tends to send my gardens into chaos! One plant totally taking over all that surrounds it. Choking out the sweet pretty red Poppies I loved so. Some turning into such a nusance that I have been pulling them like weeds for 4 years now!  Why did I ever buy that plant? Or where they offered to me from a fellow gardener years ago? Either way...I should of never of put them in the ground. :)


   Yet, each spring I venture out. Eager to find that one plant that I cannot go home without.
This week, Iris and I hopped into the car and off we went to one of our local nurseries, Van Wilgen's Garden Center.

  All the tables were filled with color! Perennials lined up row after row! Unique planters available in every color & my heart went a flutter! Everything looked fabulous and I swear that I could actually smell the green!



 I walked the aisles for over an hour. Iris scurring at my feet & enjoying every inch of the place. There was'nt
anywhere she did not attempt to explore!




I read tag after tag & daydreamed of starting a 'new garden'. A garden that visually makes sense? You know...english garden style. Tall ones toward the back, shorts ones in the front, colors that actually match, and no weeds!
Dream on! Lol.



  Iris and I totally enjoyed the day. I came home with a huge hollyhock & no specific area to plant it in?
No worries, I will find a spot somewhere for it. :)



 

...And so,  another season of gardening begins!

1 comment:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

It's one of my favorite sprintime adventures... my garden resembles yours! I rather like that style.

Great photos, as always -