"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

...He calls me the ' beach stalker'!

 My husband laughs as I try to take photos of families and children on the beach without them knowing it! Not to be sneaky or anything, I just see a shot and I  have to take it. 
I have nothing but my everyday camera, a Canon SD960 Powershot. No huge digital camera & lens for all to see. So nobody becomes uncomfortable at the sight of camera lens in their direction. Totaly candid.
Sometimes I am too far away & they appear a bit grainy. Actually, I like them to look that way at times, in black and white.
I make my way ...ever so quietly near an oncoming family....and Click! Got it! Now ... if I can find them tomorrow, I will introduce myself',get their email and be sure to get the shot to them.  My hubby calls me the 'beach stalker'!
I  ask permission if it's a little one, playing in the sand etc. ,so that the folks don't get nervous
 I will take a walk down the beach tomorrow and find the family. They will probably think I am nuts, ....but that does'nt bother me one bit. :)
What a lovely day.
....And I got the shot.  I love how the little girl is  hoppin' behind in the sand.
There a few beachshots in my slideshow at the bottom of the blog from a few years ago. Took those on our last visit here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome... and let me tell you.. I WISH someone had done this for my family when my kids were younger. You go girl.