"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

 Well, 2010 is upon us!  Not sure what happened to 2009?  It went by so swiftly.
 
 The hussle and bussle of the holidays is behinds us now.   It was busy with preparations for a rockin' Christmas Eve gathering at my house with family & friends,  followed by a lovely Christmas dinner at my sister Debbie's house.  Good times had by all!  Wonderful memories were made.  We actually woke up the following morning still laughing at the fun we had during a full three days of shopping, cooking, decorating and  a gift exchange so funny,  that I could watch the videos over and over again!
Far too many wonderful photos to share, here are just a few.














  My Dad & I, my nieces Amy, Sarah & Megan...and
Iris in total holiday humiliation.














Ribbon candy ...just like Grandma used to have.  A gorgeous centerpiece
sent to me for the holidays from my father.  And scrumptious chocolate
covered strawberries hand dipped by my nieces.














  A delicious dinner at my sister's house, good food, a very
tasty bottle of red wine & a  fun kazoo rendition of jingle bells!















  A 'priceless'  moment with my eighty year old father playing Santa
once again on Christmas Eve for his Great-Grandchildren. Talan, Chase and little Gavin gazing in glee as he arrives!


















Chase later informed his Great Grandpa
that "Santa had Crocs on just like his!" Too Funny!


















My husband Tom and I.















 Gavin, as visions of tractors dance in his head.
















 The  luminaries were all lined up like little colorful soldiers.

 And last but not least, the family shot. This isn't everyone...
we have about a dozen others that  were unable to join
our 'reindeer games' this year.
 
  A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS FILLED WITH LOVELY MEMORABLE MOMENTS!

5 comments:

Terry said...

I still smile when I think about it all!
Such fun! xo

Anonymous said...

Great photos :-) ...and oooh, now I'm having a craving for choc dipped strawberries...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family photo! Great photographer! lol.

Ummmmm....its almost February, is it going to be a monthly blog posting?

Gay Marie said...

I don't see your blog Ms. S.F.! LOL! ...I got the hint. :)..I am on it...

Anonymous said...

lol, noooooooo no blog for my family! I made one and nobody went on it so its sitting there all pretty and empty. And I can't figure out how to register as a follower so I have to post anonymously!