"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Friday, April 2, 2010

A Hint Of Color is Blossoming !

 Well, Springtime has Sprung once again!

  Thank goodness...thought we would all start to mold after the last rainfall.
  We faired very well here on 'Doc Island'. Others in the area ...not so well.  The rains have stopped and the sun is shining brightly! Finally!

 Winter is a distant memory. Snowfalls that blanketed the ground are now gone. Peeps of greenery are slowly showing their beauty.  The weeds in lawn are greening up nicely...(we have very little actual grass,)
But, thats OK , it is green and that is all that matters.
  Doc (aka Tom) has aquired a new lawn tractor and boy, is he thrilled with it!


  Iris could'nt be more content, as this is the time of the year where she can sit with the front door ajar and watch nature and birds galore from her 'perch' on the front porch. Sitting there for hours on end, occasionally welcoming any' passers by' with her friendly bark and her ritual of pacing back and forth in the front yard....begging anyone to stop and play with her! She watches down our dirt road, always awaiting a visit from her best girlfriend Casey!


 Doc has cleaned out his vegie garden and he has sent his soil off to be tested by a Connecticut Agriculture  Extension , ensuring the BEST crop for this 2010 season! Very special tomatoes, peppers & eggplant seedlings  have been ordered on line and will soon be arriving.
 
  I have spent the winter months working on a website for a friend  (http://www.toadstackleshack.com/) . Finally finished it just in time for the fishing season.
I spent many more hours than expected on this project! Check it out . :)

 I did followed through on at least one of my ventures this winter....at least one anyways.
I finished writing my childrens book,  Lots and Lots of Marshmallows, entered it into a local writing
contest, with no expectations ,short of its completion. Now...I need to illustrate it. I was supposed to complete that this winter, but ....I did'nt. What can I say? Lost my momentum...with this blog & a few other simple endeavors! LOL! I have No excuses. :)

 Tom and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary March 22nd!


  I tried a new 'eating plan'. Basically, stopped eating processed foods. Dabbled in Organic and Vegan
type foods. Tom says that I need to eat meat every now and then.Though, I am certainly not a meat and potaotes kind of girl, but he has found some yummy recipes for healthy pork burgers,lots of fish, etc. My hubby, has done a great job in  helping me with meal planning and of course his cooking. (I don't cook.) He has successfully helped me drop 16 pounds....and it has made me feel So Much Better!

  Lets see, what else is going on? ...Oh yeah! We are headed off to
Providence,RI to see David Gray in concert this Saturday!  I have loaded the blog music player below with some of my favorites of his.... 'Shine' being my number one fav, along with, 'The One I Love' & 'This Years Love' pulling a close second & third.  He's our favorite and we are eager to have one night out of town. Iris will be joining us, as the hotel welcomes pets! That should be interesting. It's her first stay. She will get her bath tomorrow A.M. and look 'o -so-purdy' sportin' her Easter scarf around her neck...she will probably jump up on the check-in counter & freak out the lady behind the desk!
She is harmless, just easily excited. I even purchased an herbal collar with calming phermones Etc. to take the edge off during our stay. I put it on this afternoon....and she is resting comfortably?....could it actually be working?? We'll see.

  We will also be visiting Tom's Mom in Florida this April. A week away will be Glorious & very much needed.
  Iris has reservations at a  local homestead here in Killingworth. She will be having nightly slumber parties with her best friends Casey, Chloe, Mary & Sue! Can't thank you enough ladies!


Extremely busy at work! The spring season is has hit!

So, that is the latest in a nutshell.

  Maybe I will do better blogging this spring!  LoL  G.~

....How's that for an 'update' Mrs. Anonymous. :)

I hope everyone has a Very Happy Easter!




 

No comments: