"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Get your hands dirty!

It's that time of year when the 'to-do' list gets so long that it can be a bit overwhelming.
Each day, I try to accomplish at least one thing on my list. Where to start???
  ~150 Bulbs to be planted.
  ~Rasberry & strawberry bushes to go in the ground.
  ~many trees to be pruned.
  ~gardens to be raked.
  ~weeds to be pulled.
  ~pool to be opened.
  ~furniture be be cleaned and stained.
  ~fertilizer to put on the yard.
  ~windows to be cleaned.
  ~planters to be filled.....and so on, and so on, and the list keeps going!
......one thing at a time.   Somehow, each year, it all gets accomplished.



































The sun felt glorious today. I am  thrilled to get my hands in the dirt again!






















The fruit trees out front are just peeking out a bit of their color. They are gorgeous when they are in full bloom. This peach tree in front is half pink and half white.
And the Bradford Pear has become so large, that it is actually providing shade up at that end of the yard.
Unfortunately, we will miss the full bloom. We are headed to Florida for a week of some very much needed
R & R!
  I am dragging my laptop along with me....I don't think I can go without it for that long. :)

No comments: