"..in the End, all that really matters isn't the things you did, but what its effects are today, not the knowledge you have learned, but how you applied it, not the words that were said, but how they made you feel, and most of all, not the moment of occurrence, but how its now just a part of our memory.. Everyday, we make memories.. Let's paint lives with happy ones.."
Author: unkown

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's day Surprise!

To my utter amazement, my husband surprised me with this fabulous little girlie!























I have named her 'Willow' & she is 10 weeks old.
I have waited sooo long for her. Since we lost our German Shepherd  'Mako' a few years back, I have longed to have a second dog in house once again. We miss her very much.
  Well, my wish came true this weekend!
My friends Mary & Sue were in on the surprise all along & happily hid  the puppy over their house until Tom was able to lure me over for a visit. He drove all the way to upstate NY to pick her up. Our retrievers play together, so it's not unusual for the dogs to get together for good run.
 When I turned around to see Sue holding this beautiful little pup, my eyes watered up. I was green with envy at the thought that they had gotten another golden!  Once she said it was not hers, I asked, through my tears..."Then who's puppy is it?" 
  Behind me, my husband stood grinning from ear to ear! She was mine!
 I was shocked & elated!
 Over the years, I have been known to bring a puppy or two home without discussing it with Tom first. It never went well. Those puppies were quickly returned by the next morning. It just was'nt the right time to bring another dog into the house.  Can't say I have'nt tried!
 Now, I have another beautiful Golden and she is here to stay! Lol. Thank You Mary and Sue for being part of the fun & capturing the moment.  Willow loves all her new toys!

 

Thank you Tom for my wonderful gift! I love you very much! You're the sweetest husband in the world! xo

View all the pics here. :)

9 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Ok, now you've got ME crying!!!... Happy Mothers Day, what a beautiful, gorgeous baby girl.

Vickie said...

Fantastic! Makes me want one, too. I hope no one I know reads this comment. With three dogs already, I don't have a spare lap for a new pup.

Country Girl said...

What a beautiful gift. I am too choked up to say any more . . . so happy.

Ms. A said...

Popping over from Karen's. Hope you don't mind if I tag along. BEAUTIFUL PUPPY! Ummm, can you convince your husband to convince my husband that we need a new dog. I miss mine, terribly. Until then, I'll have to be content to watch yours. Amazing photos!

Connie in Hartwood said...

What a wonderful husband you must have! Ms. Willow looks right at home.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that one of my pups can bring such JOY . A fluffy warm spirit and loving heart will give you many days of happiness. My hat's off to TOM!!!.....Lisa

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...hi i found you through karen and i am so happy for you. goldens are the best...not another dog like them in the world. someday i will have another one too...when the time is right. xo, mickey

Vicky said...

Praying for that joy to be mine one day again soon. Willow is just gorgeous. So happy for you! We lost our nearly 13 year old golden last August and while I too am ready to know that love again... hubby is not. Congrats and enjoy!!! I am encouraged by your story :)

Gay Marie said...

She is surely a cutie patootie!
Here is the breeders site where we got her from.

www.sfgoldens.com

Thank you Lisa! :) ~Gay & Tom